It was time for Team USA's selection committee to make a calculated risk, to capitalize on Stewart's marketability as an unmitigated success at the collegiate level. Interest in women's basketball is fleeting. The WNBA recently developed a series of rule changes and schedule modifications in an eff. . . Read More
Several members of the newly named U.S. Olympic women's basketball team were in New York City on Wednesday celebrating their inclusion on the Road to Rio. They made an appearance on the "Today" show, did interviews, high-fived fans, the whole deal. It was the happy image of jubilant teammates that . . . Read More
LIZ CAMBAGE’S historic London slam dunk was the shot heard around the basketball world. Now Opals coach Brendan Joyce has backed her to put recent distractions aside and become a dominant force at the Rio Olympics. An Australian team featuring a handful of London 2012 veterans won world championsh. . . Read More
When the roster is announced Wednesday for the U.S. women's Olympic basketball team, it likely will have five former UConn players — Breanna Stewart, Diana Taurasi, Tina Charles, Maya Moore and Sue Bird. All except Stewart were on the 2012 team, also coached by UConn coach Geno Auriemma. . . Read More
Candace Parker was shocked when the two-time Olympic gold medalist learned that she will not be on the U.S. women's basketball roster for the Rio Games. "I was surprised and disappointed," Parker said in a phone interview with The Associated Press on Tuesday. "Having gone to last two Olympics, I . . . Read More
SA trio Stephanie Talbot, Tess Madgen and Cayla George, along with Adelaide Lightning MVP Leilani Mitchell, have been selected in an 11-player Opals team to tour Japan next month. The tour will give coach Brendan Joyce a further chance to assess his possible personnel ahead of the Rio Olympics, tho. . . Read More
Japan’s Olympic-bound women’s national basketball team has entered its second training camp in Tokyo, with Phoenix Suns assistant Corey Gaines as a guest coach. Gaines, a former guard for four NBA teams as well as the now-defunct Japan Energy Griffins, is expected to teach Team Japan some fast-temp. . . Read More
Reports that WNBA and former Olympic star Candace Parker will be left off the 2016 United States women's basketball squad competing in Rio seem to assure a spot on that roster for Breanna Stewart. ESPN's Ramona Shelburne reported Monday that Parker would not be among the 12 women selected for the . . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Texas A&M, UConn advance to Final Four
- UNC extends Hatchell through 2019-20 season
- Lady Rebels Open December's Play4Kay Tournament Against Oregon State
- QU Women’s Basketball Opens with New Mexico State in Inaugural Play4Ka...
- Where are they now: Valerie Still, former Columbus Quest player
- McConnell-Serio Announces Staff Updates
- What would Quentin Hillsman do if his Syracuse women's basketball team...
- From a handcrafted court, Samantha Brunelle rises to the top of the so...
- The WNBA’s new single-elimination playoff format cut short a legendary...
- WNBA players should be applauded for taking a stand on issues
- Lynx take brief rest, then set sights on repeat
- Former @FGCU_WBB Player Amanda Pierce Named Program’s Director of Bask...
- Tejahne Malone Inks Professional Deal in Greece