Geno Auriemma and Diana Taurasi shared a long, emotional embrace. Mission accomplished. The dominant U.S. women's basketball team did what was expected, winning a sixth consecutive Olympic gold medal and doing it in impressive fashion. In yet another rout, the U.S. dismantled Spain. . . Read More
For those who only watch the Australian Opals every four years, the team's quarter-final exit seemed a bolt from the blue. But the Opals have been in this territory before and those with steady hands and cool heads will be needed for the review of how the team went from the undermanned, brave group. . . Read More
Diana Taurasi and the U.S. women's basketball team opened their Olympics with a record rout, beating Senegal 121-56 Sunday. The Americans were not expected to be challenged by Senegal, and the only real suspense was how many records they would set. When it ended, the U.S. had set . . . Read More
Well, that wasn't very nice. The peace-loving welcome of Rio's opening ceremony did not extend to the basketball court, where the Brazilian women's team and a feral home crowd double-teamed to stun Australia in their opening pool match on Saturday. Calling on all their experience, the Opals prevail. . . Read More
Leilani Mitchell, a 5-foot-5 point guard, helped Australia defeat host Brazil, 84-66, on Saturday in its Rio Olympic Games opener of the women’s basketball tournament. Mitchell had 18 points and six assists. Australia continues pool play Sunday against Turkey and plays France on Tuesday. USA Basket. . . Read More
The reigning silver medalists, France opened the 2016 Rio Olympic basketball tournament with a win over Turkey, 55-39. Turkey’s Lara Sanders, who plays for the WNBA’s Washington Mystics, hit a baseline jumper to score the first basket of the tournament. For France, the absence of their best player. . . Read More
Tamara Tatham had 20 points and Kim Gaucher chipped in with 10 rebounds as the Canadian women's basketball team opened the preliminary round Saturday with a 90-68 victory over China at the Rio Games. Tatham, from Brampton, Ont., added six rebounds as Canada held a 44-31 advantage on the boards. Gau. . . Read More
As The Pick and Roll’s 2016 Women’s College Player of the Year, Nicole Seekamp has officially made the transition to the professional ranks, signing with AZS PWSZ of Poland. Seekamp becomes the second Australian to sign with Gorzow for the 2016/17 season after being overlooked at the 2016 WNBA Draf. . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
3A girls' basketball: Timberline advances in tourney
- 'Special' Thomas Overwhelms Mizzou, Leads Noles To Stockton
- Osahor opens eyes as nation's top rebounder
- Special Message From Head Coach Joni Taylor
- 3 things Geno Auriemma said at his pre-Syracuse press conference
- Lesar: Brianna Turner's knee becomes Notre Dame's focus as Irish survi...
- Purdue women push Notre Dame to the limit
- Four teams left standing at NAIA National Women's Basketball Tournamen...
- LSU women's basketball future looks bright after return to NCAA tourna...
- After dramatic finish, Texas holds off NC State to advance to Sweet 16
- Duke women's basketball adjusting on the fly
- Another mid-major will be test for Canes women’s basketball
- Central Michigan women's basketball looks to regroup from tough end to...