Canadian basketball’s continental hopes rest on their shoulders. And quite likely its Olympic hopes, too. Which is fine, because more or less, they’ve already carried the weight of the world. On Monday, Canada Basketball announced its women’s team for next month’s Toronto Pan American Games. . . Read More
Some sharp-shooting from Kamile Nacickaite proved to be the difference as Lithuania rode an emotional roller-coaster to collect the last remaining Quarter-Final ticket at EuroBasket Women 2015. Nacickaite made five three-pointers en-route to 21 points as Lithuania claimed a dramatic 73-72 win over . . . Read More
Di’Tigress guard, Sarah Ogoke-Ejiogu, has said the national women’s basketball team can win the 2015 Afrobasket and qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. Ogoke-Ejiogu, who plays for Angolan club Primeiro D’Agosto, said she was delighted by Nigeria’s Afrobasket qualification, tipping D’Tigress . . . Read More
Primeiro D'Agosto were crowned Angolan champions for the second year in a row on Monday and ace Fineza Eusebio was pivotal in the triumph. A key member of Angola's national team in the past few years, she not only controlled the new champions' defensive game, but was also crucial at the offensive . . . Read More
Over 30 legendary names of European Basketball will suit up for a very special game in the Hungarian capital Budapest, this coming Saturday, 27 June. Names that have hundreds of basketball titles collected among them are set to participate in the first-ever Europe Legends Game, organised by FIBA,. . . Read More
There is a palpable change and wobble of the voice when playmaking legend Laia Palau talks about this being her last EuroBasket Women. It is an emotional experience for her to even think that she is due to sign off her participation in the tournament. Equally, it just doesn't feel right even. . . Read More
Mali international Diana Gandega is set to return for her country's senior women team after a three-year absence. The 32-year-old, who last played for the national team at the 2012 FIBA Women's Olympic Qualifying Tournament (WOQT), could hardly hide her joy at the thought of wearing Mali's colours. . . Read More
The Turkish women’s national basketball team has beaten the Czech Republic in its last group game at Eurobasket 2015, booking a spot in tomorrow’s quarterfinal clash. Nevriye Yılmaz had a game-high 23 points as Turkey secured first place in Group E on June 21 with a 59-48 win over the Czechs, who . . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Miners look to continue win streak against rival Rice
- Second half of WNBA season set to get under way
- USA claim sixth FIBA U19 Women’s World Championship title in a row
- Wilson named MVP of 2015 FIBA U19 Women's World Championship, headline...
- Gems hold off fightback from Spain to land third place again
- W.N.B.A. Star Tamika Catchings Nears End of One Career While Preparing...
- UI women’s basketball players pursuing lawsuit
- Navy names new assistant women’s basketball coach
- Liz Cambage out of Opals' Rio Olympic qualifiers after missing start o...
- Chicago Sky trade center Sylvia Fowles to Minnesota Lynx as part of 3-...
- Philly Summer League: The Scenarios for Breaking Any Potential Ties to...
- Guru's WNBA All-Star Musings: Weekend Was a One-Stop Shop in Women'sPr...
- Spotlight: Delle Donne, Meesseman thriving in era of stretch-4s