Big center Elizabeth Cambage racked up 20 points and 12 rebounds as the Australian women’s national team cruised past Japan 81-55 in the second game of their three-game exhibition series at Tokyo’s Yoyogi National Gymnasium No. 2 on Monday night. Shooting guard Katie Rae Ebzery followed Cambage wit. . . Read More
As if being the only local professional team to win a championship last year wasn’t enough to make this state proud, now four members of the Minnesota Lynx are heading to the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. The Lynx contingent will make up one-third of the USA women’s basketball team that. . . Read More
Elena Delle Donne is in the clouds. Already one of the WNBA's top players, the 26-year-old superstar is now soaking up the news that she is going to play for the United States at an Olympic Games for the first time. Becoming an Olympian was something she thought about doing for many years. Now, the. . . Read More
If ever a guy could have held a grudge, it was Geno Auriemma. The University of Connecticut coach’s prized women’s basketball recruit of 2008, Elena Delle Donne, had dashed home to Delaware that June after less than 48 hours on campus. Delle Donne ditched Geno and, for the time being, basketball, . . . Read More
Candace Parker plays a position that’s “the strength of” the U.S. Olympic women’s basketball team, national team director Carol Callan said Wednesday when asked why Parker didn’t make the roster. “We don’t get into specifics speaking about each player publicly,” said Callan, part of a five-person. . . Read More
It was time for Team USA's selection committee to make a calculated risk, to capitalize on Stewart's marketability as an unmitigated success at the collegiate level. Interest in women's basketball is fleeting. The WNBA recently developed a series of rule changes and schedule modifications in an eff. . . Read More
Several members of the newly named U.S. Olympic women's basketball team were in New York City on Wednesday celebrating their inclusion on the Road to Rio. They made an appearance on the "Today" show, did interviews, high-fived fans, the whole deal. It was the happy image of jubilant teammates that . . . Read More
LIZ CAMBAGE’S historic London slam dunk was the shot heard around the basketball world. Now Opals coach Brendan Joyce has backed her to put recent distractions aside and become a dominant force at the Rio Olympics. An Australian team featuring a handful of London 2012 veterans won world championsh. . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Lady Toppers Host Kentucky Wesleyan In Sunday Afternoon Exhibition Game
- Seawolves sign 6'3" center Ayshia Baker
- USA Women's Basketball: An Appreciation of Team Dominance After ItCont...
- Rogers Joins @LATechWBB Staff
- Crowd greets Lynx players, coach Reeve in return from Rio Olympics
- Driven by toughness, Tiffany Mitchell ‘battles hard’
- Akron Women's Basketball Falls in Close 79-73 Exhibition Decision to L...
- Mistie Bass and Eddie Praley Named Graduate Assistants for #IUWBB
- @LATechWBB Adds Three to Roster
- Four WNBA teams to pay attention to post-Olympic break
- Elena Delle Donne gave every child born at a Deleware hospital a new p...
- Reserves ready to step up for Minnesota Lynx as Olympians ease back in...
- Women's pro leagues like the WNBA and NWSL seek post-Olympics bounce, ...