SHE’s controversial and polarising off the court and dynamic on it. It’s why Sydney Uni Flames coach Cheryl Chambers would welcome a return to the WNBL of Opals star Liz Cambage even if it makes her team’s defence of the crown that much harder. Chambers, who last weekend coached her team to a 2-0 . . . Read More
OPALS star Leilani Mitchell and her Sydney Uni Flames are expecting an aggressive Dandenong Rangers to come out fighting in game two of the WNBL grand final series tomorrow night. The Flames took game one 91-82 in Sydney last weekend and Mitchell, 31, says the Rangers will be a tough proposition at. . . Read More
THE WNBL is in serious discussions with “three big players” for televising matches of the world’s No.3 ranked league from the 2017-18 season on. Without a broadcast deal since ABC-TV withdrew its support after the 2014-15 season, the WNBL, under the auspices of Basketball Australia, has been workin. . . Read More
A couple weeks ago, she was named the top player in Ontario. That was a huge honour for the Hamilton native. But on Wednesday night — appropriately, International Women's Day — McMaster basketball star Danielle Boiago blew that provincial award off the court when she was chosen as the best female . . . Read More
This week could be the busiest week of Jacinta Kennedy's life, next week could be too. The 34-year-old, mother of three and veteran centre of the Dandenong Rangers has been smiling all week except for a few tears when the thought of retirement kicks in. This week saw her begin her masters of teachi. . . Read More
FIBA Africa's Women's Basketball Council held its third meeting of the 2014-2019 term on Wednesday in the Ivorian capital city of Abidjan. The main topics discussed were the report of the global meeting on FIBA's New Governance and the strategy for the involvement of schools in the relaunch of wome. . . Read More
Australian star Jenna O'Hea is coming home to the Melbourne Boomers and the WNBL next season. The London Olympian and Victorian native has been playing in Europe and the WNBA following a stellar WNBL career that included championships with the then Bulleen Boomers in 2010-11 and Dandenong Rangers . . . Read More
OLYMPIC basketballer Rachel Jarry says she never really considered playing in the AFLW competition, despite several offers from clubs hopeful of convincing her to switch codes. The London bronze medallist, who has just signed a new WNBA contract with the Atlanta Dream, said she fielded a number of . . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Bird named to record 4th U.S. worlds roster
- 'Special' Thomas Overwhelms Mizzou, Leads Noles To Stockton
- Osahor opens eyes as nation's top rebounder
- Special Message From Head Coach Joni Taylor
- 3 things Geno Auriemma said at his pre-Syracuse press conference
- Lesar: Brianna Turner's knee becomes Notre Dame's focus as Irish survi...
- Purdue women push Notre Dame to the limit
- Four teams left standing at NAIA National Women's Basketball Tournamen...
- LSU women's basketball future looks bright after return to NCAA tourna...
- After dramatic finish, Texas holds off NC State to advance to Sweet 16
- Duke women's basketball adjusting on the fly
- Another mid-major will be test for Canes women’s basketball
- Central Michigan women's basketball looks to regroup from tough end to...