Qwazy. Quickly dispatched. Quietly flying home.
Quinnipiac somehow got to the Stockton Region semifinals where a very confident No. 1 seed South Carolina awaited. The Gamecocks mostly wanted to win their 30th. So did Quinnipiac. That’s where the similarity ended. Quinnipiac was favored by . . . Read More
You had to feel for UConn sophomore Katie Lou Samuelson. All she wanted to do was watch her older sister Karlie's game in the NCAA tournament but UConn's press conference and media availability session coincided with that.Samuelson, among the most accommodating players on the UConn team to the. . . Read More
With Baylor and Notre Dame seeking to get to the Women’s Final Four on Sunday comes what could be really big lifetime moments for Baylor coach Kim Mulkey and Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw in the next 48 hours, though not all of it will be immediately for public. . . Read More
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. – Cancel the expected drama many were looking forward to happening here Monday at the NCAA women’s basketball tournament Bridgeport Regional at Webster Bank Arena.A major threat to the University of Connecticut’s run to a fifth straight. . . Read More
In Saniya Chong's first three seasons, when UConn reached the regional round of the NCAA tournament there was no guaranteed she would even step onto the court until the game's outcome was no longer in question.Chong did play 10 minutes against Texas as a sophomore and 10 more against Mississippi. . . Read More
Jon Samuelson, the patriarch of the sweet-shooting Samuelson family, is certainly racking up the frequent flyer miles these days.Samuelson was in Lexington, Kentucky on Friday to watch Karlie score 15 points in Stanford's victory over Texas to advance to the Elite Eight. The plan was for him t. . . Read More
The first of the two remaining Southeastern Conference women’s basketball teams in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA eliminations, No. 7 Mississippi State eliminated No. 12 Washington of the Pac 12, 75-64, No. 2 over No. 3 in the Oklahoma RegionalSouth Carolina plays Saturday night against. . . Read More
If Villanova had been in the at-large pool two weeks ago when WNIT officials began picking the teams to join the designated 32 automatic qualifiers the Wildcats might already be somewhere other than still on the basketball court. But with Marquette winning the Big East tournament, and regular seaso. . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
RedHawks Defeat Davidson, 59-58
- 'Special' Thomas Overwhelms Mizzou, Leads Noles To Stockton
- Osahor opens eyes as nation's top rebounder
- Special Message From Head Coach Joni Taylor
- 3 things Geno Auriemma said at his pre-Syracuse press conference
- Lesar: Brianna Turner's knee becomes Notre Dame's focus as Irish survi...
- Purdue women push Notre Dame to the limit
- Four teams left standing at NAIA National Women's Basketball Tournamen...
- LSU women's basketball future looks bright after return to NCAA tourna...
- After dramatic finish, Texas holds off NC State to advance to Sweet 16
- Duke women's basketball adjusting on the fly
- Another mid-major will be test for Canes women’s basketball
- Central Michigan women's basketball looks to regroup from tough end to...