Ohio State women’s basketball saw its season end Friday with a 99-76 defeat to No. 1 seed Notre Dame. Depending on what Kelsey Mitchell decides going forward, the Buckeyes could be staring at a much bigger loss. Mitchell, a junior guard, averaged 22.6 points per game for Ohio State in addition to . . . Read More
Let’s stipulate this at the top: Whatever choice Becky Hammon makes, it would be unwise to bet against her, and unfair to question her. Hammon, according to a report by Adrian Wojnarowski in The Vertical, has been offered the job as head coach of the University of Florida women’s basketball team. . . . Read More
Beaver nation just got bigger... well taller to be exact. Andrea Aquino, a 6-foot-9 center, originally from Paraguay has committed to Oregon State to play for Scott Rueck and the rest of the Beavs. She announced her decision via Twitter. Andrea Aquino is not your typical high school recruit. . . Read More
Ohio State women's basketball left Rupp Arena on Friday night after a 23-point loss to Notre Dame in the Sweet 16 knowing it won't need to rebuild. A recharge of the batteries, however, might be in order. The Buckeyes (28-7) ripped through the Big Ten season to the tune of a 15-1 record and a . . . Read More
The Oregon women's basketball team is not ready for its dream season to end. The No. 10 seed Ducks upset No. 3 seed and No. 4 ranked Maryland, 77-63, in the Sweet 16 on Saturday and will play in the Elite Eight on Monday. Oregon will meet the winner of No. 1 seed UConn and No. 4 seed UCLA. . . Read More
Jon Samuelson, the patriarch of the sweet-shooting Samuelson family, is certainly racking up the frequent flyer miles these days.Samuelson was in Lexington, Kentucky on Friday to watch Karlie score 15 points in Stanford's victory over Texas to advance to the Elite Eight. The plan was for him t. . . Read More
The first of the two remaining Southeastern Conference women’s basketball teams in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA eliminations, No. 7 Mississippi State eliminated No. 12 Washington of the Pac 12, 75-64, No. 2 over No. 3 in the Oklahoma RegionalSouth Carolina plays Saturday night against. . . Read More
Kelsey Plum didn’t answer for 15 seconds. Asked to reflect on her time at Washington, the Husky superstar choked up as the emotion hit her like a flash flood. All the history she helped make there. All the memories she helped create. You could see those magic moments swirling in her head as she. . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Phoenix Mercury take down Tulsa Shock, eye home-court advantage
- 'Special' Thomas Overwhelms Mizzou, Leads Noles To Stockton
- Osahor opens eyes as nation's top rebounder
- Special Message From Head Coach Joni Taylor
- 3 things Geno Auriemma said at his pre-Syracuse press conference
- Lesar: Brianna Turner's knee becomes Notre Dame's focus as Irish survi...
- Purdue women push Notre Dame to the limit
- Four teams left standing at NAIA National Women's Basketball Tournamen...
- LSU women's basketball future looks bright after return to NCAA tourna...
- After dramatic finish, Texas holds off NC State to advance to Sweet 16
- Duke women's basketball adjusting on the fly
- Another mid-major will be test for Canes women’s basketball
- Central Michigan women's basketball looks to regroup from tough end to...