BRIDGEPORT >> The final seconds ticked off the clock and for once there was no full-court pressure for Saniya Chong to deal with, just a couple of dribbles before she became a part of the winningest class in women's college basketball history.The 151st game won by the Huskies since Chong and fellow. . . Read More
BRIDGEPORT >> Since Crystal Dangerfield arrived on campus, the highly-touted freshman guard has been pushed to raise her level of play up a few notches and prodded to increase her work rate.Just in case Dangerfield had any questions of what type of player her coaches and teammates want her to be,. . . Read More
There's an unexplained phenomenon at my house. It seems the only time anyone feels the need to have an extended conversation with me is either three seconds after I've dozed off on the couch or three seconds after I've shut the bathroom door. . It's been said that for a mid-major, the media hype. . . Read More
Quinnipiac women's basketball's magical run to the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 came to an end with a 100-58 loss to No. 1 South Carolina in the NCAA Tournament Stockton Regional at Stockton Arena. With the loss, Quinnipiac's incredible 2016-17 season ends a record of 29-7 while South Carolina improved. . . Read More
Junior guard Kaela Davis poured in 28 points to propel top-seeded South Carolina to a dominant 100-58 victory over No. 12 seed Quinnipiac in the NCAA Sweet 16 Saturday afternoon at Stockton Arena. The win sends the No. 3/4 Gamecocks back to the Elite Eight for the second time in three years and. . . Read More
Michigan got 29 points from Katelynn Flaherty and 27 points from Hallie Thome, and Siera Thompson became the all-time leader in assists as U-M eased past Virginia Tech, 80-62, in the WNIT Quarterfinals.. . . Read More
The Virginia Tech women’s basketball team wrapped up the 2016-17 season on Saturday afternoon in the quarterfinals of the WNIT, falling to Michigan 80-62 at Crisler Arena in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Vanessa Panousis led the Hokies with 17 points, including five 3-pointers. She ends her career as. . . Read More
Victoria Vivians led Mississippi State in scoring average this season, while Baylor's Alexis Jones was second on her team in that statistic. But when Sunday's Elite Eight game begins at Cheasapeake Energy Arena, both guards could be on the bench. Or ... neither could. Both might make a huge. . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Holy Cross Women’s Basketball Defeats Assumption 59-47 In Exhibition
- 'Special' Thomas Overwhelms Mizzou, Leads Noles To Stockton
- Osahor opens eyes as nation's top rebounder
- Special Message From Head Coach Joni Taylor
- 3 things Geno Auriemma said at his pre-Syracuse press conference
- Lesar: Brianna Turner's knee becomes Notre Dame's focus as Irish survi...
- Purdue women push Notre Dame to the limit
- Four teams left standing at NAIA National Women's Basketball Tournamen...
- LSU women's basketball future looks bright after return to NCAA tourna...
- After dramatic finish, Texas holds off NC State to advance to Sweet 16
- Duke women's basketball adjusting on the fly
- Another mid-major will be test for Canes women’s basketball
- Central Michigan women's basketball looks to regroup from tough end to...