With 7.7 seconds left, Scott Rueck subbed out Sydney Wiese and Gabby Hanson one final time. Wiese stopped and waited for her backcourt mate and roommate and the two embraced in a hug near center court. She then got a hug from Rueck and each and every coach and teammate as she made her way down the. . . Read More
Sue Semrau has earned every bit of confidence she has. Semrau, in her 20th season as the Florida State women's basketball head coach, has built the Seminoles into one of the nation's top programs. She was the 2015 Associated Press, WBCA and ESPNW national coach of the year, is the winningest coach . . . Read More
Ivey Slaughter stands corrected. And she will probably continue to stand there for the next couple of days. Sitting in front of a microphone after her game-changing performance Saturday in the Sweet 16 against Oregon State -- an 11-point, eight-rebound, nine-steal effort that led the Seminoles to a. . . Read More
Sure, South Carolina knew a little something about Quinnipiac's surprising NCAA Tournament run as Connecticut's other Sweet 16 team. The Gamecocks ignored the "Q’' on the front of the opposing jersey and immediately went to work. Kaela Davis, A'ja Wilson and top-seeded South Carolina overpowered . . . Read More
Call it a regional rubber match. For the third straight year two elite women's basketball programs will meet in an NCAA Regional contest. Notre Dame was a winner in 2015 and Stanford last year, setting up Sunday’s rematch (noon, ESPN) with a berth in next weekends’ Final Four in Dallas on the line. . . Read More
When Anthony Harvey was introduced to players before the season as Mississippi State’s first strength and conditioning coach solely for the women’s basketball team, he told the Bulldogs they would never be able to figure him out. Harvey’s credentials were reiterated as well — “They already had the . . . Read More
Shooting is her bread and butter. Defense, though, keeps Erin Boley in the game. Lately, rebounding has had to fit into the equation. Boley, a 6-foot-2 freshman who grew up about a 90-minute drive from Rupp Arena, is one of the primary chess pieces coach Muffet McGraw has used to re-work the Notre. . . Read More
Don't sleep on Nina Davis. While the depth of height on the Baylor women's basketball team's roster was a big topic of conversation Saturday morning, Mississippi State coach Vic Schaefer knows his squad won't be able to forget about Davis, the 2015 Big 12 Conference Player of the Year and a . . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Top A-10 teams powering mid-major rankings
- 'Special' Thomas Overwhelms Mizzou, Leads Noles To Stockton
- Osahor opens eyes as nation's top rebounder
- Special Message From Head Coach Joni Taylor
- 3 things Geno Auriemma said at his pre-Syracuse press conference
- Lesar: Brianna Turner's knee becomes Notre Dame's focus as Irish survi...
- Purdue women push Notre Dame to the limit
- Four teams left standing at NAIA National Women's Basketball Tournamen...
- LSU women's basketball future looks bright after return to NCAA tourna...
- After dramatic finish, Texas holds off NC State to advance to Sweet 16
- Duke women's basketball adjusting on the fly
- Another mid-major will be test for Canes women’s basketball
- Central Michigan women's basketball looks to regroup from tough end to...