The Ashland Eagles theme remained intact despite an early effort by Virginia Union. It's only a matter of time before the top offensive team will explode. And Ashland did. The Eagles went on second half tear Friday night and ran past Virginia Union, 93-77, to clinch the NCAA Division II Women's . . . Read More
When the JMU women's basketball season ended Thursday night, so did the storied career of Precious Hall. In her five years with the Dukes, Hall scored over two thousand career points, was named the Colonial's 'Player of the Year' twice and produced countless special moments, including a shot to . . . Read More
Whenever there is an article is posted about women’s basketball online, simply scroll through the Twitter or Facebook comments and you’re bound to see this warm and fuzzy phrase uttered more than once: No one cares about women’s basketball. It’s a lazy and unoriginal response meant to lessen the . . . Read More
When it comes to knowing who‘s hot and who’s not in the NCAA Tournament, WNBA players are better than anyone at identifying players at the top of their game. Most WNBA stars spent their college days playing with and against the best in Division I. Many pro players are also recent college graduates . . . Read More
The Rice Owls women’s basketball team advanced to the Women’s Basketball Invitational championship with a 86-80 win against the University of Idaho Vandals in a Friday night contest at a raucous Tudor Fieldhouse. Five Owls scored in double figures. Senior point guard Maya Hawkins led all players in. . . Read More
The Lady Raiders' season came to an end Thursday night in Atlanta. MTSU (23-11) lost to Georgia Tech in the third round of the WNIT, which also marked the end of point guard Ty Petty's career. While Petty is the only player graduating this year, her leadership on and off the court will be tough to. . . Read More
Each time she recalls how last season ended for the Maryland women’s basketball team, Shatori Walker-Kimbrough speaks with a tone of regret. If only she had done more, then perhaps the Terrapins would have been able to send out their seniors amid much more palatable circumstances. That loss in the . . . Read More
Pitt women's basketball team is losing its leading scorer and rebounder. Sophomore forward Brenna Wise, who started all 61 games the past two seasons, is planning to transfer, coach Suzie McConnell-Serio said. Wise, a Vincentian graduate, led the team in points and rebounds per game over the past. . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Persistence pays off as Tennessee rallies in overtime
- 'Special' Thomas Overwhelms Mizzou, Leads Noles To Stockton
- Osahor opens eyes as nation's top rebounder
- Special Message From Head Coach Joni Taylor
- 3 things Geno Auriemma said at his pre-Syracuse press conference
- Lesar: Brianna Turner's knee becomes Notre Dame's focus as Irish survi...
- Purdue women push Notre Dame to the limit
- Four teams left standing at NAIA National Women's Basketball Tournamen...
- LSU women's basketball future looks bright after return to NCAA tourna...
- After dramatic finish, Texas holds off NC State to advance to Sweet 16
- Duke women's basketball adjusting on the fly
- Another mid-major will be test for Canes women’s basketball
- Central Michigan women's basketball looks to regroup from tough end to...