For the second time in program history, the Amherst College women's basketball team is the NCAA Division III national champion. Amherst captured the title Saturday night at Van Noord Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan, as the team defeated Tufts by a final score of 52-29. With the win, Amherst finish. . . Read More
Thomas More College has to forfeit one of its two consecutive national women's basketball championships because star player Sydney Moss was found to be ineliglble during the 2014-15 season, the college announced Tuesday Moss lived cost-free with a former part-time assistant coach, Jerry Allen, whil. . . Read More
Baruch College gave 30 student-athletes more than $255,000 in improper benefits over the course of five years, NCAA officials said in a decision issued Thursday. The NCAA Division III Committee on Infractions said the school's former vice president for student affairs and enrollment. . . Read More
Sydney Moss, a senior guard from the Thomas More College women’s basketball team, was named the 2016 Honda DIII Athlete of the Year as announced by Executive Director Chris Voelz of THE Collegiate Women Sports Awards (CWSA). The CWSA is celebrating 40 years of “the best of the best in collegiate at. . . Read More
Sydney Moss’ college basketball career was an odyssey that took her from the SEC to Division III. It included two knee surgeries. It also included two national championships at Thomas More College and three years as the unanimous Division III national player of the year. . . Read More
Offensive powerhouse Thomas More turned to its defense to cap off an undefeated season with a second straight Division III national championship. Abby Owings scored 17 points and Sydney Moss, the tournament's most outstanding player, added 14 to lead the Saints to a 63-51. . . Read More
Jeff Hans knows he's building a dynasty in Northern Kentucky. But he also knows he's not at the mountain top. When it was suggested that any school, anywhere, would love to put a banner over it's school entrance that says "65-0", the Thomas More College women's basketball coach quipped, "Except UCo. . . Read More
Abby Owings has to think a minute when asked the last time she played in a losing basketball game. “It was in high school, the finals, the (8th) Region finals,” the former Simon Kenton standout says. “We lost to Anderson County.” When you consider that Owings has now played in 60 college basketba. . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Wilson’s sweeping view: Girls, boys both undefeated in league play
- 'Special' Thomas Overwhelms Mizzou, Leads Noles To Stockton
- Osahor opens eyes as nation's top rebounder
- Special Message From Head Coach Joni Taylor
- 3 things Geno Auriemma said at his pre-Syracuse press conference
- Lesar: Brianna Turner's knee becomes Notre Dame's focus as Irish survi...
- Purdue women push Notre Dame to the limit
- Four teams left standing at NAIA National Women's Basketball Tournamen...
- LSU women's basketball future looks bright after return to NCAA tourna...
- After dramatic finish, Texas holds off NC State to advance to Sweet 16
- Duke women's basketball adjusting on the fly
- Another mid-major will be test for Canes women’s basketball
- Central Michigan women's basketball looks to regroup from tough end to...