No. 2 seed Odessa College got double-figure scoring from three players and used a 20-6 third quarter surge to outlast upset-minded No. 15 seed South Georgia Tech, 58-44, in the second round of the NJCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship on Tuesday at the Rip Griffin Center. Mariah McCully . . . Read More
Nobody in her family had ever gone to college, but Ta'Kierra Gibbs still dreamed of playing Division I ball. Talking to teachers made her nervous, and Gibbs didn't have anyone around her to explain how to get into a college. Never mind how to balance academics and athletics once she got there. She . . . Read More
The postgame pit stop was crucial; a therapeutic gathering around sugar and snacks that refocused a team reeling after a dismal loss. Not long after Northern Iowa’s dreadful 88-39 defeat at Iowa on Dec. 4, the Panthers’ team bus pulled up at the nearby house of teammate Mikaela Morgan, a Coralville. . . Read More
With one of her 15 scholarships sitting open and only one senior on the roster for 2016-17, Marquette women’s basketball head coach Carolyn Kieger doesn’t have much space to add players for the Class of 2017. That didn’t stop her from getting a commitment from Wisconsin native Myriama Smith-Traore . . . Read More
Three black women's basketball players alleged in a lawsuit that a small southwest Missouri college treated them differently than white students before expelling them without justification. Breauna Carter, Amalia Harris and Dajanae Wilson, all of Kansas City, filed the lawsuit Tuesday against Cotte. . . Read More
The University of South Dakota will hire Northern Kentucky women’s basketball coach Dawn Plitzuweit to replace Amy Williams, the school announced on Friday morning. The school will introduce Plitzuweit at a news conference on Monday at 11 a.m. at the Muenster University Center. . . Read More
Roxbury has been a powerhouse in NJCAA’s Division III for most of Leszczyk’s tenure, which began with the program’s rebirth in 2007 and has since yielded three trips to the national title game, albeit all losses. (The Lady Tigers had been successful in the 1980s under coach Alfreda Harris, a recipi. . . Read More
Throughout her nine years at Happy Valley, Coquese Washington has guided Penn State to Big Ten heights — three consecutive conference championships and improving the school’s Big Ten win totals in each of her first six years as head coach — becoming the first league coach to win consecutive best co. . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Maryland Terrapins, Rutgers Scarlet Knights help make Big Ten even more competitive
- 'Special' Thomas Overwhelms Mizzou, Leads Noles To Stockton
- Osahor opens eyes as nation's top rebounder
- Special Message From Head Coach Joni Taylor
- 3 things Geno Auriemma said at his pre-Syracuse press conference
- Lesar: Brianna Turner's knee becomes Notre Dame's focus as Irish survi...
- Purdue women push Notre Dame to the limit
- Four teams left standing at NAIA National Women's Basketball Tournamen...
- LSU women's basketball future looks bright after return to NCAA tourna...
- After dramatic finish, Texas holds off NC State to advance to Sweet 16
- Duke women's basketball adjusting on the fly
- Another mid-major will be test for Canes women’s basketball
- Central Michigan women's basketball looks to regroup from tough end to...