Armani Walker was born into the sport of basketball. Her father, Justin Walker, played for New Castle from 1994-1998 and was a member of two WPIAL championship-winning teams. Her mother, Tissan Dessau, played for the Lady 'Canes between 1997-2001. The pair put a basketball in her hands when she was. . . Read More
Those McClatchy High Lions are at it again, preparing for a CIF State Basketball Championship encounter against Windward on Friday evening, with a powerful, historical – and some would say generational – breeze at their backs. Harvey Tahara. Jessica Kunisaki. Ariel Thomas. Jeff Ota. Tricia Ota. Gig. . . Read More
Check the next box off the list for Dana Evans. The West Side guard was named to the Indiana All-Stars on Wednesday. "It's another dream come true," Evans said. "I've always wanted to be an Indiana All-Star. Ever since like seventh, eighth grade, it's always been a goal. Everything seems to be fal. . . Read More
As her team was tied with Barbe in the fourth quarter of the Class 5A state championship game, Destrehan coach Angi Butler turned to an assistant coach and asked if she should be more worried than she was. “She told me, ‘you probably should be, we’re tied up here,’” Butler said. “But why am I not . . . Read More
One day after her once-future college coach was fired after 10 seasons, Homestead senior Karissa McLaughlin has some re-thinking to do. After a 15-16 season that included a 5-11 record in the SEC, Florida women's basketball coach Amanda Butler was let go on Monday. Multiple reports have McLaughlin. . . Read More
Country Day senior Destiny Pitts is looking to become the first athlete from her program to win it since Peggy Evans won it in 1989. Considering the long list of names such as Aerial Powers, Asia Doss, Amber Moore, Carrie Moore, Jennifer Thomas, Katherine Hanks, Kristen Morris and Madison Williams,. . . Read More
Maya Dodson of St. Francis is the No. 1 senior women’s basketball recruit in Georgia and No. 11 player nationally, according to HoopGurlz. The 6-foot-3 wing has scored 1,170 points and has 673 rebounds and 226 blocked shots in her three seasons at St. Francis, during which Dodson has led the Knight. . . Read More
Chantell Gonzalez stands out in the world of girls high school basketball. At 6-foot-8, she's one of the nation's tallest player and would already be the second-tallest player in the WNBA. Even scarier, Gonzalez is barely 15 years old. The towering freshman wears a size 13 shoe and possesses . . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
Women’s B-Ball Determined to Grow
- 'Special' Thomas Overwhelms Mizzou, Leads Noles To Stockton
- Osahor opens eyes as nation's top rebounder
- Special Message From Head Coach Joni Taylor
- 3 things Geno Auriemma said at his pre-Syracuse press conference
- Lesar: Brianna Turner's knee becomes Notre Dame's focus as Irish survi...
- Purdue women push Notre Dame to the limit
- Four teams left standing at NAIA National Women's Basketball Tournamen...
- LSU women's basketball future looks bright after return to NCAA tourna...
- After dramatic finish, Texas holds off NC State to advance to Sweet 16
- Duke women's basketball adjusting on the fly
- Another mid-major will be test for Canes women’s basketball
- Central Michigan women's basketball looks to regroup from tough end to...