When a female basketball player graduates from college and isn’t drafted into the WNBA, she is often faced with a difficult decision: Do I play overseas or do I give up on a professional career altogether? For some women, playing overseas may not be the best option. Playing in a foreign country can. . . Read More
The history and memories of the famous All-American Red Heads is now preserved in the written pages of the book "Barnstorming America" that also features the likes of a pair of sisters that graduated from high school in Cairo and a woman who now makes her home in Macon, who all were Red Heads playe. . . Read More
Sheryl Swoopes headlines the 12 finalists for the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. The group, which was unveiled Monday, also includes former UConn star Kara Wolters and former WNBA and ABL standout Crystal Robinson. Coaches Joan Bonvicini and Rick Insell were also nominated. . . Read More
Sometimes you have to really dig to find a decent story. While Odell Beckham Jr. has been partying in Miami and dropping passes in Green Bay, while Derrick Rose has been jetting off to Chicago and leaving his team in the lurch at Madison Square Garden, the Connecticut women's basketball team has be. . . Read More
Steph Schueler’s basketball career at Lincoln was an impressive one. The first four-year letter winner in the history of Sioux Falls basketball (boys and girls), she still owns the Class AA girls state tournament record for points in a single game (43) and ultimately graduated as the Patriots’ all-. . . Read More
Jennifer Jacoby grew up on a farm outside of Rossville. And yes, there was a basketball goal attached to the barn. This is Indiana and you can’t drive far without seeing the iconic symbol scattered throughout the state. Basketball was Jacoby’s life, starting in the youth leagues, continuing in AAU. . . Read More
During her basketball days, Tamara James was known as a player who made her teammates better. Years later, she is still in the business of helping others. Now, the assists are expected to come in the Dania Beach community instead of on the basketball court. Last week James, a former Miami Hurricane. . . Read More
It was approaching 9 o’clock Wednesday and Rita Williams was in her favorite place: On a basketball court. She was there working with young boys and girls, teaching them the finer points of the game she loves and has played most of her life. Even now at the age of 40. “I don’t feel 40,” she said . . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
UCLA Women's Basketball Picked to Finish Fourth in Pac-12
- 'Special' Thomas Overwhelms Mizzou, Leads Noles To Stockton
- Osahor opens eyes as nation's top rebounder
- Special Message From Head Coach Joni Taylor
- 3 things Geno Auriemma said at his pre-Syracuse press conference
- Lesar: Brianna Turner's knee becomes Notre Dame's focus as Irish survi...
- Purdue women push Notre Dame to the limit
- Four teams left standing at NAIA National Women's Basketball Tournamen...
- LSU women's basketball future looks bright after return to NCAA tourna...
- After dramatic finish, Texas holds off NC State to advance to Sweet 16
- Duke women's basketball adjusting on the fly
- Another mid-major will be test for Canes women’s basketball
- Central Michigan women's basketball looks to regroup from tough end to...