She usually averages about five hours of sleep each night — Dawn Staley is not a huge fan of shuteye — but Saturday night she only squeezed in four. There were more important things to do. Up at 4:15 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time on Sunday, the South Carolina women’s basketball coach was cramming in . . . Read More
It wasn’t anger or disappointment that seemed to cause the walls of the Irish locker room to close in. It was more like regret. From a 14-point halftime lead, to a good look by Arike Ogunbowale for the win as the clock ticked down, the Notre Dame women’s basketball team had its opportunities Sunday. . . Read More
Against Temple, Oregon freshman center Mallory McGwire admitted, her team was nervous. It was the first game in the NCAA Tournament. It was Oregon's first NCAA Tournament berth since 2005. The 10th-seeded Ducks were far from home, in Durham, N.C. They had never advanced beyond the first round. The. . . Read More
By the end of her sophomore season at Stanford, let's call it halftime of her time on the court as a collegian, Brittany McPhee was at a crossroads. She played well in spurts her first two seasons. She showed she could hold her own against the best in the country. What she had not done when she wal. . . Read More
Surely, the Michigan women's basketball team would rather have made the NCAA Tournament. It certainly believed that's where it belonged. But the Wolverines still see it as an accomplishment that they're still playing basketball in late March, having advanced Saturday to the Final Four of the Women'. . . Read More
Sabrina Ionescu joked that she would hang up her sneakers if Oregon pulls of the ultimate upset. The 10th-seeded Ducks, who have thrived in the underdog role during the women’s NCAA Tournament, will attempt to advance to the Final Four for the first time by knocking off No. 1 UConn in the Bridgepor. . . Read More
Rallying from a 16-point second-half deficit, second-seeded Stanford upset No. 1 seed Notre Dame 76-75 in the final of the Lexington Regional. Stanford'a Alanna Smith hit a shot with 23 seconds remaining, her second field goal of the final minute, to put the Cardinal in front. Notre Dame's Lindsay . . . Read More
The University of Alabama women’s basketball team’s season came to an end with a 76-66 loss to Georgia Tech at McCamish Pavilion in Atlanta. Alabama started strong in the first quarter with a small lead after the Yellow Jacket scored the first two points of the game, but Shaquera Wade put five poin. . . Read More
Women's Hoops Blog
Women's Basketball Coaches Association
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
RebKell's Junkie Boards
They're Playing Basketball
Love Women's Basketball
#3 Leaves the Dream
- 'Special' Thomas Overwhelms Mizzou, Leads Noles To Stockton
- Osahor opens eyes as nation's top rebounder
- Special Message From Head Coach Joni Taylor
- 3 things Geno Auriemma said at his pre-Syracuse press conference
- Lesar: Brianna Turner's knee becomes Notre Dame's focus as Irish survi...
- Purdue women push Notre Dame to the limit
- Four teams left standing at NAIA National Women's Basketball Tournamen...
- LSU women's basketball future looks bright after return to NCAA tourna...
- After dramatic finish, Texas holds off NC State to advance to Sweet 16
- Duke women's basketball adjusting on the fly
- Another mid-major will be test for Canes women’s basketball
- Central Michigan women's basketball looks to regroup from tough end to...